A year ago, I created a challenge to motivate small bloggers such as myself attempt monetization with a goal of earning $3000. The challenge was a success, and Money Smart Guides was the winner of a $50 Amazon gift card. Based on that success, I have decided to make this an annual contest. Without further ado, I hereby announce the 2013 $3k Challenge!
Last year, I ponied up $50 for an Amazon gift card, not realizing that I was limiting the contest to US participants. So this year, I am providing the option of cash via PayPal or the Amazon gift card to open it up to bloggers worldwide. Plus, I have lined up sponsors. With their help, the prize for winning this challenge is now $175.
An added bonus of participating in this challenge is priority guest posting on this site and a 10% discount on ebook services at SEAM Publishing.
Based on my experiences administering the challenge last year, some of the rules have been modified. To learn how to enter for the chance at winning $175, please read the rules below.
Rules for the 2013 $3k Challenge
- Only online income sources will be counted. Things like online advertising, affiliate links, paid blogging gigs, and online sales count. Using a website to advertise an off-line service, like cleaning or taxi, doesn’t. Online services are allowed, as long as prices are under $100 and that selling that service isn’t the primary focus of the site. Selling a one-time product also doesn’t count; an example of this restriction is selling old stuff on eBay.
- You can have as many websites as you want, but none can have more than 1000 monthly visitors in December 2012. This is contest is for small-timers and those just getting started.
- For inclusion in this contest, you must fill out the form below with your name (or pseudonym), email address (will not be displayed or used for any purpose other than contacting challengers for purposes related to challenge), a short bio, how you plan to make your money, and a link to at least 1 blog you own. Also, please comment on this post letting me know that you entered. Entries must be received by midnight on January 18, 2013.
- Challengers must include the badge (below) on their site.
- At least once per quarter, you must post an update on your earnings as a comment to my updates on this site. It can be as simple as listing your revenue streams and how much money they made. Deadlines for these posts are April 1, July 1, October 1, and January 1, 2013. My posts will be live about a week before those dates, so you will have a week to get your comments up. I will email participants with reminders as each post goes live. Failure to provide all four earnings updates will result in disqualification.
- Winner is the first challenger to post earnings of $3000 or greater. Winner will be announced on January 6, 2014.
- Sponsors, their families, employees, and employees families may not enter the challenge. Must be 18 or older. Void where prohibited by law. In the event of a dispute, winner’s earnings may be audited. Winner agrees to the use of their name (or pseudonym) in promotional material relating to future challenges.
2013 $3k Challenge Sponsors
2013 $3k Challenge Submission Form
Please comment on this post after entering to let me know. Thanks.
Use this code to include the badge on your site: