It’s been a while since I managed to get one of these out. Last couple Sundays had things come up that kept me from my computer or, in the case of last week, kept my computer out of commission. This week I’ve wizened up and I’m doing most of the work on Saturday, waiting only to see what mentions I get until it’s time to post.
As can be imagined by taking three weeks to list mentions I’ve received, there are a few of them.
- On the 17th, I was in the Carnival of Personal Finance, hosted by Free Money Finance, with PK’s blog swap post on bringing the party back to your house.
- Young Adult Money’s Quick Hits and Weekend Reading included my post on Federal Reserve policy and it’s impact on the economy.
- The Sept 16 Yakezie Carnival on Financial Management Blog included my post on home repairs that are costing you money by not doing.
- Broke A** Mommy hosted the Sept 3 Carnival of Financial Camaraderie which included my post on job search tips for recent grads.
- Tie the Money Knot’s Favorites from the PF Blogosphere roundup included my post on opportunity cost and picking up change.
- The LIFE Foundation included a list of all the blogs that participated in the Life Insurance Movement. My post asking how much life insurance do you actually need was in the #55 spot.
- Invest It Wisely did a roundup over Labor Day weekend that also included my opportunity cost/pennies post.
- Modest Money‘s weekly roundup at the end of August also included my opportunity cost post. (I haven’t gotten a mention from Jeremy in almost a month now, so either the quality of my posts is slipping or he’s worried about Google thinking his mentions aren’t organic. The former explanation makes him look better, but the latter makes me look better. Tough choice to decide which I believe!)
If you think that list is unweildy, then wait till you see my favorite posts! Normally, I make a small comment on each post, but there are just too many. I don’t want to cut any, because these are the ones I’ve REALLY liked. Just to give an idea of what it takes to get on my list of recommended posts, here is the process:
- Get noticed by one of the FIVE people whose tweets I have sent to my phone via SMS. One of them have to like your post enough to tweet it. This happens about 100 times per day.
- The info in the tweet be intriguing enough that I email it to myself to read when I get home. This happens about 4 times per day.
- I read the post and decide I like it enough to want to bookmark it in a folder for my roundups. That happens 0-1 times per day.
So here is the list of my favorites for the past 3 weeks.
- Transitioning to Blue Collar Work – Married (with Debt)
- Why I Must Avoid Copy-Catting Other Blogs » Financial Penguin
- Unemployment Up, Income Down, Better Off? – Yes.
- The Pros and Cons of Reusable Grocery Bags | Young Adult Money
- Why I Live Differently Than Most Other People – Wealth Artisan
- How to Fall Asleep and Sleep Well | Prairie Eco-Thrifter
- Food Label Deception – Should I Really Pay More For These Products?
- GUEST POST: Easy thoughts on not-so-easy Mutual Funds – L Bee and the Moneytree
- Is Home Ownership Still Part of the American Dream | One Smart Dollar
- Should You Take the Job You Can Get?
- Can You Change Your Tightwad/Spendthrift Personality? | Evolving Personal Finance
- Guilt Induced Frugality | Modest Money