It’s been a crazy month for me. I worked nights for two weeks which made it difficult to get things done during the day. Then Google decided to de-index the free domain provider I was using and everyone on it. The provider responded by turning off their servers. Good bye website. So now I’m finally on the bandwagon with a .com
We had my wife’s parents over for Thanksgiving. It was the first time that we have cooked for them, so it was a little stressful, but it all came through well, even if I did overdo it on the marshmallows on the sweet potatoes!
I’m also participating in a blogging challenge to write and post at least 5000 words per week. It’s been tough, but so far I’m hanging in there.
I’ve also had a few firsts this month. Aside from first time having a .com at the end of the blog, I’ve also written my first 2000+ post: How to Sell an Old Computer. Financial Samurai commented on my site for the first time as well!
This month, I’ve had six organic mentions and one carnival inclusion. Not the greatest of turnouts, but pretty good considering considering all that went on and that I had to pull my carnival submissions last week over the .co.cc debacle. Sorry everyone on for the delay in getting these posted.
- Pelican on Money compiled a list of what the PF blogosphere was writing about the fiscal cliff and included my post on the topic in her A Week of Firsts.
- Money Smart Guides also included my fiscal cliff post in his November 9 roundup.
- Thirty Six Months hosted the Nov 12 edition of the Carnival of Personal Finance which included my fiscal cliff post.
- Finance Fox included my post on selling used computer parts in his Weekend Recap.
- Fearless Men included my post on working the night shift in their Nov 22 roundup.
- I made it into the November 23 roundup of Money Smart Guides as well, with my post on no-contract cell phone plans.
- Eyes on the Dollar also included my no-contract plans post in her weekly Can’t Take My Eyes of These Blogs.
But enough about me. Let’s talk about posts I liked this month.
- Emily at Evolving Personal Finance took a swipe at boomerang kids. Personally, I think it’s a cultural thing. I lived at (my childhood) home until I was 28 and got married.
- Jeremy at Modest Money reminded everyone that it’s not enough to have insurance on your home. You also need to be Protecting Your Possessions with Home Contents Insurance. I easily fall under the limits of what’s included in my homeowner’s insurance.
- Speaking of insurance, Martin at Studenomics had Car Insurance Explained. Insurance is always so confusing. I used to decline medical payments because I have health insurance until I discovered that health insurance won’t cover injuries from a car accident!
- On Penny Thots, Marry Cunningham wrote about Easy Home Winterization. Missed in the post, but if you have single-pane windows, cover them in plastic!
- Over at Untemplater, Sydney is thinking about writing an ebook. More power to her. Have I mentioned that I have an ebook formatting & conversion service?
- Financial Ramblings explained the fees involved with using an HSA Administrator.
- Eyes on the Dollar asked How Do You Prepare a Budget with Irregular Income? I say for budgeting based on the smallest expected payday. Save the money from bigger checks to help cover deficiencies in slower times.
- Did you know that the Pilgrims ate eagle at the first Thanksgiving? John at Frugal Rules posted an infographic about Thanksgiving traditions.
- Veronica at Pelican on Money wrote about the “Secret” Formula for Living Comfortably. The secret? Be smart about your spending.
- Fearless Men explained What Dreams Mean. I almost never remember my dreams. It makes me rather boring when the topic of “craziest dream” comes up.
- TB at Blue Collar Workman used to be a car thief. Well, he used to steal from cars. He decided to share from his dark past Tips from a Former Car Thief on How to Protect Your Car. I once had someone steal my tire!
I’ve always wanted to do this. Here are some fun search terms that people used to get to my site:
- most common reason life insurance is denied I forgot that I even had a post about that!
- home repair “notify me of followup comments via e-mail” I guess somebody has a question looking for an answer. Well, they didn’t ask me!
- stay up for random overnight shift I hear you. It’s tough.