This page is a compilation of all the Saving Money Series posts I’ve written, to be available in one place.
What is the Saving Money Series? It is a series of posts were I’m attempted to get the pulse on the general population’s feeling’s on frugality.
Instead of getting ideas from other personal finance bloggers, I wanted to get the opinions of average people on the topic of frugality. I started asking friends and coworkers one simple question: what is your favorite way of saving money?
- Saving Money by Cutting Back – Spending money responsibly can be fun, but when times get tight, it’s best to spend money only on that which is most important to you.
- Saving Money with Two For One Deals – Do you BOGO? When the second one is free or almost, and you are going to use it anyway, why wouldn’t you get it?
- Saving Money by Brewing Your Own Coffee – No matter what your coffee price point is, it’s cheaper to make it yourself than it is to buy it somewhere.
- Saving Money by Making a Game of Shopping – Do your grocery receipts say how much you saved that trip? Treat that like your score. Can you beat my high score of 62?
- Saving Money with Seasonal Lifestyle Deflation – If you have a seasonal job, you are no stranger to tightening the belt during the lean months.
- Saving Money by Making Homemade – Food, soap, and clothing can all be made at home for higher quality and lower cost than buying in the store.
- Saving Money by Thinning Milk – This one takes frugality to the extreme. You can thin your foods out with extra milk or water for extra servings.
- Saving Money by Shopping Online – Shopping online can save you a bunch of money by giving you access to stores around the world.
- Saving Money with Comparison Shopping – Don’t buy your stuff at the first store you come across. Compare prices first and save!